Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HTRYN Week 4 Finished

I am officially done with Week 4 and have already started with Week 5, but that's a post for another day.  Week 3 of How to Revise Your Novel is all about identifying the Plot and various Subplot, as well as the possible NotPlots.  I tried my best, but am still having a bit of a problem wrapping my mind around how the concept of plot applies to my novel.  Could be just that I am not thinking hard enough about it though.  I also have a tendency of wrapping several subplots in with the main plot in most scenes.  But I must say that the theory that Holly Lisle teaches is helping me to slowly unravel and get to the heart of what the important elements of each scene, as well as the novel as a whole are.

The other problem that I am facing, as I go through the novel is that it is only part 1 or 2.  As such, there are a lot of things hinted at, but not followed through on.  I also think that this revision might entail writing the second part as well, and possibly combining the two into one.  But I'm still trying to not get ahead of myself. 

I also might have breezed through Week 3 a bit to hastily and as a result have not really completed that task as I should have.  But I'm not doing it over.  And I sincerely hope that it doesn't become a problem down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment