Saturday, December 11, 2010

Book Revision Update: Week 1 Day 5

I managed to get through 100 pages yesterday. I'm supposed to do 100 more today to stay on schedule, though I don't know if I'll manage it. I think the main reason for the progress is the fact that have stopped noting down every little thing that I find. I'm just reading through and stopping only when something really jars me. Like a big problem, not those smaller, more detailed editing problems.

I hope I didn't mess up too much reading the first third of the manuscript with such a keen eye for smaller mistakes. I'm afraid I might have not gotten the real feel for the characters and the story because of it. Or maybe that was due to the fact that I was still catching my stride story-wise in the beginning. And now, about halfway through, I'm actually enjoying the story. And it's a great feeling. There's still a lot to fix, but more and more of it is already rendered very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment