Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Revision Update: Week 1 Day 7

OK, so I'm done with the first read through. It was all the way the most enjoyable experience, but I know I can fix the book. Especially now that I have a clearer idea of what I want the book to look like, or rather to read like once I am done with it. It will require some major revision and possibly some rewriting. Well not possibly, definitely. But this is the first time that I actually feel like I know what I am doing when revising. Up until now, all the revision that I have done has been hap-hazard and all over the place. And such was usually also the end result. But this How to Revise Your Novel course is really something else. And fun to follow to. It is a lot of work,though, revision. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Anyway, I'm off to start week 2 of HTRYN. Wish me luck ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of the few people I know who enjoy the revision process. It's like chipping away at a hunk of marble and watching something beautiful emerge. I know many writers find it tedious though. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mellisa and thanks for stopping by! You're so lucky in that revision is an enjoyable process. I persoanlly have no idea where to begin, what I am looking for, or simply how to do it.But I am getting better at it, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete