Sunday, December 19, 2010

HTRYN Book Revision: Week 2 Days 5&6&7

(*HTRYN=How to Revise Your Novel)

I just finished Lesson 2 of HTRYN, which consisted of reading through the entire manuscript again and noting all the places where I may have veered off course and promised too much.  It was a light read through, at least for me, and has given me a much clearer picture of my whole novel and the story I told (as opposes to, perhaps, the story I wanted to tell).  But I found many other mistakes also, ones that I have missed on my first red through in Lesson 1, or Week 1 of the course.

But anyway, I am starting to see the value of these lessons and so far I am not disappointed at all.  I am also beginning to see that I will perhaps have to write just one book in the end.  Too much fluff in this one, and not enough story to excuse stretching it out over 2 books.  The mistakes that I have noticed already by now will cut the book at least by a third.  But I don't want to get ahead of myself here, I'm sure as I continue with this process I will find many more things to change.  And see the things I want to change now differently too.  So for now, I'll just continue going with the flow of HTRYN.  I'm pretty sure it's going in the right direction.

And now for Lesson 3 ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment