Friday, December 17, 2010

HTRYN Book Revision: Week 2 Days 3&4

(*HTRYN=How to Revise Your Novel)

I've been hitting my goals about the second week read though just fine, I just haven't been finding the time to update this blog. I have taken on extra writing projects to fund my taking of this course and I'm drowning in well, writing. But I still have the energy to read my book in the evenings. That must say something about it, right. Something good.

I must say though, that I am now quite convinced that at least the first 120 pages of my novel are mostly fluff and way too long-winded and repetitive. I'm sure I can cut it by at least half and have a much better opener for it. The same probably holds true for the rest of the book as well.

But now is not the time for that, now is the time for just noticing mistakes. The correcting comes later. And I'm sure by then I will have memorized my book, I'll be reading through it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment